Working from home? Switch to the DIGITAL edition of FRONT of HOUSE. CLICK HERE to signup now!
x

Martin Audio Updates Statement on Mitigating Coronavirus Business Impact

FOH Staff • International News • March 16, 2020

HIGH WYCOMBE, U.K. – Martin Audio issued an updated report on March 16 regarding where the company stands in regard to the COVID-19 virus. This update supersedes a previous announcement made on March 10.

More details from Martin Audio (www.martin-audio.com):

Following on from our previous communication, Martin Audio is continually assessing local and international conditions, taking advice from experts and adjusting policy and strategy as a result.

The industry as a whole is under significant pressure and if there are any initiatives we can help promote and bring attention to, please let us know.

What follows is a breakdown of commercial aspects of Martin Audio that are affected and not affected by current conditions.

 

Manufacturing and Supply

China

Chinese suppliers have returned to some sort of normality and the supply of goods is showing promise with regular shipments on track. As a consequence, we have good stocks in our European and US hubs of ADORN on-wall loudspeakers, BlacklineX, BlacklineX Powered and our existing ceiling range. That being said, we have seen a recent spike in demand, with Blackline X8 in particular coming under supply pressure.

New products that we announced in January and February were impacted by the outbreak, but now that suppliers have returned to work we have some clarity on the latest situation. The new China only S. Series is now shipping from April. The new Blackline X218 subwoofer will be available from European and US hubs from May. The new Blackline XH15 (Asia only) will ship from China in May. The new ADORN ceiling speakers will ship from US and European hubs from June with the ADORN pendant a month later.

Italy

As previously indicated, our UK manufacturing plant has now received a large consignment of Italian drivers that have gone through necessary checks and provides a level of confidence in the short term of a continuity of manufacture and supply of key lines.

Electronics

Currently, we do not have any supply constraints in regards to our VIA or iKON amplifiers. While we have stocks of DX4.0, the DX0.5 is currently constrained and we are investigating alternative solutions.

Shipment Depots

Our US and European supply depots are all currently running as normal with reasonable levels of stock across much of the portfolio.

Should operational conditions change, however, then our ability to supply from available stock may inevitably be impacted. If this occurs we will let you know immediately.

Advice to customers

As with all things, we recommend that customers get in touch with us as soon as possible in regards to their demand and order requirements, considering – if necessary – bringing forward orders while we still have capacity and certainty to both manufacture and supply.

Events

UK Open Days – CANCELLED

It is with great regret that we took the decision to cancel the UK Open Days this week, owing to coronavirus / COVID-19.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused, but these are obviously challenging times for the industry.

UK Training Workshops

We are continuing to monitor the situation and it may be necessary to cancel upcoming sessions. If that is the case we will contact registrants with a view of rearranging a corresponding session later in the year.

US Wavefront Precision Demo

We are continuing to monitor the situation and it may be necessary to cancel this event. If that is the case we will contact registrants with a view of rearranging the demo later in the year.

US Wavefront Precision Training Workshops

We are continuing to monitor the situation and it may be necessary to cancel these sessions. If this is the case, we will contact registrants with a view of rearranging a corresponding session later in the year.

PLASA Focus, Leeds

We are closely monitoring the situation, and it may be necessary for us to withdraw from the show. We will make a final decision no later than Mid-April, assuming that the show itself has not been cancelled at that point.

InfoComm, Las Vegas

We are closely monitoring the situation and it may be necessary for us to withdraw from the show. We will make a final decision no later than Mid-April, assuming that the show itself has not been cancelled at that point.

Closing Remarks

We will endeavor to manage the situation safely and efficiently and keep all interested parties updated as best we can during ever changing times.

This is a very challenging time for the industry and our thoughts are with everyone connected to it.

If you have any queries on any matter, please do not hesitate to contact a member of the team.

The Latest News and Gear in Your Inbox - Sign Up Today!